Friday, April 8, 2011

A Bloody Good Friday

Every day I get more pumped about the gradually increasing interest in Bleed. I have more copies going out to reviewers now, new followers on my Twitter every day (@Ed_Kurtz_Bleeds) and a pretty extensive advertising blitz beginning in May. I’ll have an ad running in Rue Morgue Magazine from May through July, a bevy of gorgeous bookmarks distributed at the World Horror Con 2011 and the Texas Frightmare Weekend, and I plan on putting a banner ad on the Horror Writers Association newsletter, too. I’m hoping like hell that word of mouth will spread from there, and spark a real interest in the novel. To be perfectly honest, I’m damned proud of it, and I’m eager to hear what people think.

In the meantime, I’m feverishly working on the new novel, Control. I don’t really want to say too much about it just yet, except that it shares a universe with Bleed (to a certain extent) and that where Bleed is dripping with the red stuff, Control drips green. It should be out in August, so keep an eye out for it!

Lastly, I’m in the beginning stages of brokering a deal with an incredible artist for a very different kind of project from anything else I’ve ever done. Details will be forthcoming, but believe you me—it’s going to be fantastic.

That’s all for now…I’m in the middle of a deeply irreligious sequence in Control that I hope will rattle at least a few cages. Then maybe I’ll have a chance to attack that meatball sub in the fridge…


Cheers and Fears,

Ed Kurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment